As a small- to medium-sized business owner, how do you stay ahead of the latest trends and grow your audience through your online presence? Take it from us that it all starts with how you manage your social media accounts, when you begin pushing emails, and how you handle your SEO marketing.
Using a social media content calendar to schedule your social media posts can benefit how you run these accounts and manage their growth. Creating one of these calendars can help you determine how often and how much you should be creating content and posting on social media.
What is a Content Calendar?
Simply put, a content calendar outlines your social media accounts on a daily, monthly, and even yearly basis. They not only help organize your brand’s vision, they also allow you to brainstorm and have a better understanding of what works and what doesn’t for your accounts.
A good content calendar should include:
- SEO – Search engine optimization uses keywords that help bring attention to your brand, services, or products while helping to increase the number of visitors your site sees by increasing visibility in search engine rankings like Google or Yahoo.
- Popular hashtags – Proper and relevant hashtags play a very important role in developing an interest in your brand. Adding hashtags with your posts will increase your brand’s visibility and target your posts to the right audience.
- Important events – Include important events to keep your audience informed and up-to-date with your brand. It’s a great chance for you to show off your creativity and company’s personality.
- Products or services that you want to highlight – Keep your audience in-the-know about everything your business has to offer. Build excitement for new promotions or services and help push your newest products or services.
Why Use a Content Calendar?
- First, they create a chain of communication:
- Your content calendar can include a schedule of who is posting and will let you track your team’s understanding of the products you’re selling.
- They work as instant reminders:
- A content calendar will become your best friend when it comes to planning out your month. They also let you know when certain promotions and/or services need to be posted.
- They help you set goals to build your online presence:
- By setting goals, you can monitor and track your performance per social platform.
On top of all of these, schedule your content! This ensures that you won’t have to worry about your audience missing out on future promotions, services, or events.
Let Us Work with You
Is your company in need of major online growth? Our digital marketing agency in McAllen is passionate about our strategies for success. Contact us today to find out how we can help you create a visible digital footprint to get customers through your door!